Friday, February 11, 2011

Photo Manipulation

For the purpose of this assignment I chose pictures of my favourite things.  I am in love with flowers.  I love that every flower is different in shape, colour and smell.  Even if you look closely as a dozen roses, each and every rose is different from the next.  I found this beautiful blue flower at http://www.hermann-uwe.de/photoblog/blue-flower.  The photo was taken by Uwe Hermann and it is titled "Blue Flower".


When given the option to manipulate this photo, I tried a few different methods.  I tried to change the photo from colour to black and white.  But that removed too much beauty.  I tried to fade the colours and crop the pictures, I even tried to turn it into a puzzle.  But all the methods too so much away from the photo.  After removing the colour I realized how important the colour of a flower is with regards to it's beauty.  So I framed the photo in a way to make the colour pop.  I also wanted to add words to the picture.  The photographer gave the photo such a simple name, and I wanted to add it somewhere on the photo.  So here it is.

The second photo I chose to manipulate was a black and white photograph.  As stated in an earlier blog entry, I love the antique feel to the photo's.  I love the natural wear and tear over time.  This picture was found at http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/First_Kiss-posterl.jpg .  The name of the photographer who took the picture is not listed.  It is titled "First Kiss".

When given the option to manipulate this photo, I decided to choose another method of aging.  I choose to use a texture call Sepia.  What this did was take the black and white photo and instead of using black tones it uses "pick" tones.  This is just another method of aging photographs.  I also faded the photograph a little in order to make it look like the photo was kissed with a cloud.  I think it looks much more beautiful this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment