Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Girl on Roof


Since it did not specify whether we had to upload a picture of ourselves or a picture of our choice, I chose to upload this picture.  I found this picture on the Internet and found it to be beautiful.  I love black and white photographs because they give a vintage feeling to a picture.  I loved this photo also because the girl is in shadows.  You have no idea if the girl is young or old, the race of the girl is unknown as well as her level of beauty.  The picture can be appreciated because of the girl in context.  She is on a roof, looking down and pondering.  She could be watching a pedestrian.  She could be needing a few minutes to herself in order to relax.  Or she could be contemplating suicide.  The photo is beautiful because so much is unknown.

I should apologize because I forgot to give the photographer credit for this photo when I originally posted it on my blog.  This photograph was taken by  Emiro Zsahin.  The photograph can be found on the following site.http://www.behance.net/Emirozsahin.  The site also features many other beautiful black and white photographs.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment